TALAKAG - the etymology of which came from the Bisayan dialect LAKAG meaning "to go after” or
“follow in pursuit” and the prefix TA denoting “fondness in doing such”.
In other words, Talakag means “fondness in giving pursuit”.

Thursday, 19 May 2016

Army General Drops in Talakag (Literally)


I heard this loud roaring sound hovering too close for comfort.  Then out of the blue, I saw this helicopter right above our roof.  I thought it must be a VIP.  I grabbed my camera and ran out to follow where it’s headed.
Army General Tamsi drops (literally) in Talakag plaza by helicopter (that is courtesy of Alvarez I was told).  He was welcomed by Mayor-elect Vergito Factura.  The plaza was surrounded by armed soldiers and Talakag’s own PNP and Rescue team, keeping the crowd in control.  From what I gathered, the General (who's just been to see President-elect Rodrigo Duterte) was on his way to meet with the Muslim community of Talakag and relay a message of assurance that although they’re a minority, Duterte hasn't forgetten them.  What a lovely gesture!

No comments:

Post a Comment