TALAKAG - the etymology of which came from the Bisayan dialect LAKAG meaning "to go after” or
“follow in pursuit” and the prefix TA denoting “fondness in doing such”.
In other words, Talakag means “fondness in giving pursuit”.


Sunday 9 May 2010

Election Day is here at last!

I arrived the Talakag Poblacion Voting Center at 7:15 this morning and it's raining! I thought I was early but the place was already buzzing with people outside their respective precincts waiting for their turn to vote. The whole voting procedure took me about 45 minutes in total - these included waiting, signing in, collecting, filling, feeding the ballot paper into the PCOS machine, verification, and thumbprint. I was the 40th voter of the day. Just to give you an idea of te Election Day here in Talakag today, please see photos below.
Updates about the Talakag Election will be posted here in Talbuks Cafe so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment