TALAKAG - the etymology of which came from the Bisayan dialect LAKAG meaning "to go after” or
“follow in pursuit” and the prefix TA denoting “fondness in doing such”.
In other words, Talakag means “fondness in giving pursuit”.


Saturday 1 May 2010

Talbuk’s Café Is Two Years Old Today!

When I was living abroad, I longed for news and updates about Talakag. So I thought when I retire back in Talakag why not create a definitive source of news and information about “Life in Talakag Today”. Hence the birth of Talbuk’s Café, a virtual hang-out where fellow “taga-Talakag”, friends and visitors can stop by anytime (from wherever they may be) and catch up with what’s going on in Talakag.

That was two years ago. How time flies! Now I’m pleased that Talbuk’s Café has gained a considerable number of followers here and abroad. I have met so many people (online) who made this endeavour worthwhile. I have even reunited some friends (online) who have lost touch for a long time. It’s amazing what the internet technology can do nowadays!

Thank you to all visitors and followers. Please drop by again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment